Submitted by Lets Share Knowledge Team
Recipe: BESAN CHEELA
- Besan( Bengal Gram Flour) ½ Cup
- Coriander Leaves 2Tbsp
- Tomato 1 medium
- Onion ½ medium
- Green Chillies 1
- Black Pepper Powder ½ tsp
- Dry Mango Powder ¾ tsp
- Turmeric Powder ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1tsp
- Finely chop onion, tomato, green chilli and coriander leaves. Keep aside.
- Mix besan, chopped vegetables, black pepper powder, dry mango powder, turmeric powder and salt in a bowl and make a lump free batter of thick pouring consistency using water.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of oil in a non stick pan and pour a ladleful of batter in the centre of the pan, spreading it out a little.
- Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes on one side or till it turns golden brown. When one side is done, flip it over and cook lightly on the other side.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce or green chutney.