Okra is a low calorie vegetable just like a number of other vegetables. The health benefits are amazing too. Its a source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Folates, Vitamin C and Vitamin K. This Bhindi Masala is an indian recipe. The taste of it is just too good. I got this recipe from the following website http://www.madhurasrecipe.com/veg-sabzi/Bhindi-Fry. I have given the pictorial demonstration for a better inderstanding.
• Don’t cook bhindi covered for longer time otherwise it will become soggy.
• Okra should be cleaned well before chopping and dried completely with a cloth.
- • 2 cups chopped bhindi
- • 3 tsp Oil
- • 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- • 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- • 6 to 7 Curry leaves
- • 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- • 2 tsp chopped Garlic
- • pinch of Hing
- • Salt to taste
- • 3 slit Green Chillies
- • 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder
- • 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- • 1/4 cup chopped Coriander Leaves
- • Wash bhindi well under cold water, pat dry it and cut in to small bite size pieces.
- • Heat up oil, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing, curry leaves, garlic and saute till garlic gets nice golden color.
- • Add turmeric powder, green chillies mix well and add bhindi, mix well, cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- • Add red chilli powder, salt to taste, coriander leaves mix well and cook till the time bhindi gets cooked.
- • Sprinkle some garam masala, Bhindi fry is ready to serve!