Recipe: Bhindi Salan (Okra Curry)
- Okra 500 grams
- Oil 1/4 cup
- Onion 1 (chopped)
- Tomatoes 1 (chopped)
- Garlic paste 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli powder 1 tsp
- Coriander powder 1/2 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Yogurt 1/2 cup
- Green chillies 3 to 4
- Coriander Leaves 1/4 cup
- Soak the okra in water for 30 minutes. Dry it and cut them into slices.
- Put out in a pan, fry the okra. When we fry okra it loses its stickiness, let it do so and fry for 6 to 8 minutes. Then take it out in a strainer.
- In the same oil fry onion till golden brown then add tomatoes with the masala garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder coriander powder and salt.
- Keep on mixing on low flame till the tomatoes are fully blended and skin is not visible. It may take 15 minutes. The masala formed will start losing oil.
- Now add beaten yoghurt, 1 sliced green chillies and 3 whole green chillies . Mix and let it cook on low flame.
- Add fried bhindi in and mix it well.
- Add water as you require.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.