Submitted by Lets Share Knowledge team.
This bottle gourd and chana dal recipe is an Indian recipe. The combination of vegetable that is sabzi and lentils that is dal has its own delicious taste.
Recipe: Bottlegourd and Chana Dal (Lauki Dal)
- Bottlegourd 1 cup chopped
- Bengal Gram Chana Dal 1 ½ cup soaked
- Garlic 4-5 Cloves (medium Size)
- Ginger 1.5” pc.
- Onion 2 medium
- Tomato 2 medium
- Coriander Powder 1 ½ tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder ¼ tsp
- Garam Masala Powder 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds a pinch
- Fennel Seeds 1/8 tsp
- Bayleaf 1
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Slice onions. Grate ginger. Chop tomatoes and garlic and keep aside.
- Grind onion, ginger and garlic together to a fine paste.
- Grind tomatoes separately to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add bay leaf, fennel seeds and fenugreek seeds. Saute for a second.
- Now add the onion, ginger, garlic paste and fry till it turns brown.
- Add coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and fry with the help of little water till the masala is done and fat separates out.
- Now add the tomato puree and continue frying till fat separates out.
- Add salt, chopped bottle gourd, soaked dal. Mix well and fry for a minute.
- Now add water and garam masala powder. Mix well and pressure cook on a medium heat for 15 minutes or till the dal is tender.
- Serve hot with plain rice.