Recipe: Bun Kabab
- Yellow split chickpeas (chana dal) 1 cup soak 3 to 4 hours
- Whole red chillies crushed 1 tbsp.
- Cumin seeds 1 tbsp
- Onions 2 small ( cut in rings)
- Fresh ginger 2inch piece
- Fresh garlic 6 cloves
- Potatoes 4 large (peeled, boiled and mashed)
- Mix spice powder 1 tsp (garam masala powder)
- Chat masala 1 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Mango powder 1 tsp (amchoor powder)
- Buns round or pav baji buns as required
- Eggs 2 beaten
- Onions 1 medium sliced
- Mint leaves 1 cup
- Corinder leaves 1 cup
- Tamarind pulp 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste ( 1 tsp)
- Green chilies 2 -3
- Sugar 2 tsp
- Chat masala 2 tsp
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Soak split chickpeas in water for 3 to 4 hours.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into chunks. Boil them and once water dries mash them.
- In a separate pan add split chickpeas, onion, fresh ginger, fresh garlic, cumin seed & water 4 cups, when it comes to a boil cover and cook till all the liquid dries. Chickpeas should retain its shape.
- Then let the dal mixture cool a bit and grind it adding salt and mix spice powder.
- Then add the mashed potatoes to the dal mixture, add crushed red chilli, mango powder and chat masala to it and mix well.
- Next beat the eggs and make the round shape pattie of the dal mix. Shallow fry them.
- Prepare chutney by blending all the chutney ingredients except for yogurt. Once the green paste of chutney is blended add it to the beaten yogurt and mix to form chutney.
- Heat a pan and toast the buns with very little oil.
- Assemble the burgers, first spread the chutney on the bun then place the kabab on it apply chutney on it, keep onion rings then cover it with the bun.
- Serve it with chutney.