I got this tasty and spicy Chicken Chargha recipe from my bhabhi. It is so easy that normally for dawat i marinate it a day earlier as this recipe takes only about 30 minutes cooking time.
Recipe: Chicken Chargha
- Chicken (12 to 14 pieces) 1 kg
- Oil ¼ cup
- Ghee 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Yogurt ½ cup
- Coriander Seeds 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds 1 tbsp
- Cardamom 3 to 4
- Salt 1.5 tsp
- Crushed Red Chilli 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala 1 tsp
- Coriander Leaves for garnish
- Take Coriander Seeds, Cumin Seeds and Cardamoms. Microwave for 1 minute. Let it cool and crush them.
- Now gather ingredients for chicken marination. Yogurt, ginger garlic paste, salt. Turmeric powder, crushed coriander seeds, cumin seeds and cardamom.
- Marinate the chicken with gathered ingredients for 2 hours.
- Heat oil with 1 tbsp of ghee.
- Put in chicken and stir fry for a minute.
- Cover the pot and allow chicken to be cooked for 20 minutes without adding any water.
- Once chicken is cooked stir in crushed red chilli and sprinkle garam masala.
- Dish out the Chicken Chargha, garnish with fresh coriander and serve with naan or rice.