This Chicken Karahi is a family recipe made by me. The main ingredient in this recipe is Kasuri Methi which is unlikely in most of karahis. The taste is such that its one of my family favourites.
Recipe: Chicken Karahi with Kasuri Methi
- • Chicken 1 (16 to 18 pieces)
- • Onions 2 sliced
- • Garlic chopped 8 to 10 cloves
- • Ginger chopped 2 tbsp
- • Green chillies 4 to 6 chopped
- • Salt 1.5 tsp
- • Red chilli powder 1 tbsp
- • Garam Masala 1.5 tsp
- • Kasuri Methi 2 tsp
- • Yogurt 3 to 4 tbsp
- • Tomatoes 4 chopped
- • Oil half cup
- Fry onion in oil till brown.
- Add chicken to it.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, salt, garam masala chilli powder and 1 tsp kasuri methi. Add 3 to 4 tbsp yogurt, fry at normal flame for 10 mins. Then cover the beaker and cook for 10 to 15 minutes till chicken is done.
- Five minutes before the remaining ingredients are added put another 1 tsp of kasuri methi.
- Lastly add ginger and green chillies.
- Serve with naan or rice.