Recipe: Chicken Patties by Rida Aftab
- Puff Pastry readymade 30 squares
- Chicken 750 grams
- Onion 1 cup
- Black Pepper 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves 3 tbsp
- Mayonaise 2 tbsp
- Tomato ketchup 2 tbsp
- Cream 4 tbsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Green Chillies as required
- Oil 4 tbsp
- Egg 1
- Boil chicken with salt, pepper and vinegar. Once cold shred it or chop it in a chopper.
- Heat oil and fry the shredded chicken in it.
- Gather chopped onion, salt, Pepper, coriander leaves and green chillies. (I normally put green chillies individually in the end when filling out the puffs). Add half of onion and rest of these ingredients to the chicken being stir fried. Then close the flame.
- Now gather mayonnaise, ketchup, fresh cream and remaining onion and add to the chicken. Allow it to cool.
- Defrost the puff pastry.
- Now fill up the puff pastry with chicken filling. (I put green chillies at this point)
- Now fold the puffs into triangular shape. Place it in the prepared baking tray with baking sheet. Glaze the top with egg.
- Bake it at 180 degrees centigrade for 15 to 20 minutes. (My puffs took 50 minutes so check for the accurate brown colour of these puffs before removing from the oven)
- Serve with pride.