I got fond of eating pita bread when I came to UAE in 2008. In Arabic they call it khooboos. I came across this recipe Chicken Roll in Pita Bread on a blog called Neels Corner. The ultimate result of the recipe was extremely delicious. Its a must to try.
- ◾Pita bread 6 (cut in to halves)
- ◾Chicken 500 grams cube shaped
- ◾Ginger chopped 1 tbsp
- ◾Garlic chopped 2 tbsp
- ◾Capsicum 1 chopped
- ◾Carrot 1 cube shaped
- ◾Cabbage 1/2 sliced
- ◾Green onions 4 strands sliced
- ◾Salt 1 tsp
- ◾Crushed red chili 1/2 tsp
- ◾Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
- ◾Black pepper 1/2 tsp
- ◾Mayonnaise 1/2 cup
- ◾ketchup 2 tbsp.
- ◾Oil 2 tbsp.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute chopped ginger and garlic.
- Add chicken to it and stir fry.
- Add vegetables that include carrots, cabbage, onion and capsicum. Stir fry at medium flame.
- Next flavour it with seasonings, like salt, black pepper, red chillies, crushed red chilli and ketchup.
- Put some oil in a non stick pan and toast the pita bread as preferred. Close the chicken filling after ten to fifteen minutes of cooking and till the water has dried.
- Take garlic cloves, pinch of salt and black pepper in a bowl to prepare the mayonaise filling.
- Mix mayonaise to it.
- Slit the pita bread in to halves. Apply mayonaise spread inside, then fill up with chicken filling and serve hot.