Submitted by Lets Share Knowledge Team
This very simple dessert became popular all around the world. A traditional breakfast in some countries, pancakes come in different shapes and sizes, they are served with a big variety of toppings and the ingredients can be chosen according to everyone’s preferences.
I want to propose to you a recipe which can be considered gluten-free as well as a dairy free one.
- 2 cups chestnut flour (or almond flour or a combination)
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups almond milk (or rice milk)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Oil for the pan
- Maple syrup for serving
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Lightly beat the eggs in another bowl, add the milk and whisk well.
- Add this to the dry ingredients and mix everything together. It’s important to not over mix the batter, it’s ok if there are some small lumps.
- Heat the pan on a medium heat, put some oil and spread it on the bottom of the pan with a piece of paper towel.
- Spoon 2 or 3 tablespoon of the batter on the pan and cook until the surface become bubbling, for about a minute or 2.
- Flip the pancake and cook on the other side for another minute. If you use a large pan, you can fit in 2 or 3 pancakes.
- Once they are ready, transfer them to a plate and cover with foil to keep them warm. You can serve them individually or you can pile them and top with maple syrup or other topping of your choice.