Recipe: Crispy Baked Fish Tacos
- 1 lb firm white fish, such as tilapia or mahi mahi
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Cooking spray
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 3 limes, juiced
- ¼ cup minced cilantro
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- 12 small flour or corn tortillas
- Black pepper
- Diced tomatoes, for serving
- Shredded cabbage, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut fish into 3 x 1 inch rectangles. Think the size of a fish stick. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Dredge fish piece in flour. Tap the fish to remove any excess flour.
- Toss fish in eggs to coat.
- Toss fish in breadcrumbs to coat.
- Spray a parchment or foil lined baking sheet with cooking spray. Lay fish out in a single layer.
- Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil. Place fish and tortilla pack into the oven.
- After 7-8 minutes, use tongs to flip the fish once.
- Cook fish for another 7-8 minutes until the fish is cooked and coating is brown. You can also finish in the broiler for the last minute to get an extra crispy exterior. Once fish is done, remove the tortilla pack as well.
- While the fish cooks, make the sauce. Whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, lime juice, cilantro, and paprika. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble the taco, lie out a tortilla and add 2-3 pieces of fish. Add sauce, tomatoes, and cabbage. Serve immediately.