This recipe is contributed by a Lets Share Knowledge team member.
Eggplants have numerous benefits to health.
Its a good source of iron and calcium.
Improves blood circulation and nourishes the brain
Very low in calories, like 35 a cup
Used to control and manage diabetes
Lowers bad cholesterol if not fried
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium eggplants
- 150 g feta cheese
- 150 g cream cheese
- 70 ml double cream
- 4 eggs
- 100 g cherry tomatoes
- fresh oregano leaves
- salt and pepper upon taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Cut the eggplant width way into 2 cm thick pieces. Arrange them in a backing tray lined with grease proof paper, and brush them with olive oil. sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes,or until it turns golden brown.
- Take them out and let them cool.
- In the meantime, prepare the cheese mixture.
- Crumble the feta cheese and place it in a bowl, then add the cream cheese and double cream, the eggs and some pepper and whisk well until you get a smooth and thick cream.
- Arrange the eggplant slices into a baking dish and fill the gaps with pieces of tomatoes.
- Place oregano leaves on top of them, then add the cream mixture, put some more oregano leaves on top and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.