Cheese cake is a very easy to make dessert, and if it’s a non-bake recipe, even better. For this cheese cake, you must prepare in advance the cheese mixture, but feel free to bake the granola and cook the fruit compote the day before, too.
- 400 g cream cheese
- 200 g mascarpone cheese
- 200 ml double cream
- 125 g caster sugar
- Grated zest of a lemon
- 500 g frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 50 g butter
- 50 g whole meal flour
- 30 g brown sugar
- 50 g skinned hazelnuts
- Start your preparation the day before serving. Mix the cream cheese, mascarpone cheese and 100 g sugar and beat well with an electric beater on a medium speed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the cream until it just clings when the beater is lifted. Fold it into the cream cheese mix, add the lemon zest and stir gently until it’s well combined. Cover this with cling film and keep it in the fridge until the next day.
- Put the raspberries and the remaining sugar (25 g) in a small pot, place it on a low heat and cook for 30-40 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Prepare the granola.
- Mix the flour, sugar and butter, using your fingers, until it gets a sandy consistency. Lightly crush the hazelnuts and add them to the mix. Spread it on a baking tray, in a very thin layer, and bake for 20 minutes or until it becomes golden brown.
- When ready, take it out from the oven and let cool. Break it into crumbles.
- Use medium cups or glasses to assemble the cake. Put a thin layer of granola on the bottom of the cup; add some of the syrup, 2-3 tablespoons of cream cheese, and another tablespoon of syrup and with a sprinkle of the granola.