Submitted by Lets Share Knowledge Team
Recipe: Moong Ki Dal Ka Halwa
- Moong Dal 40g
- Sugar 40g
- Ghee 4 Tbsp
- Raisins 9-10
- Green Cardamom 2-3
- Water 50ml
- Almonds (for garnishing) 1
- Pistachios (for garnishing) 2
- Wash and soak the dal overnight and grind it to a fine paste.
- Heat sugar and water in a pan and cook till sugar dissolves completely.
- Heat ghee in a non stick pan and fry raisins. Remove and keep aside.
- To the same pan, add green cardamoms, sauté for a second and then add the ground dal paste. Cook on a low flame, stirring continuously till it turns golden brown.
- Add the sugar syrup to the above dal and cook on a low flame till the moisture dries up. Add raisins , mix well and continue cooking for a few more minutes.
- Garnish with chopped almonds and pistachios and serve hot.