Submitted by Lets Share knowledge team.
Cauliflower and cheese sounds like the perfect combination for a British traditional meal. Let’s take this to the next level and transform cauliflower and cheese from a side dish to a light supper.
- 1 medium cauliflower (about 600-700 g), broken into florets
- 1 medium red onion
- 8 eggs
- 150 g flour
- 150 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp rosemary, finely chopped
- 3-4 tsp chopped basil
- 60 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Prepare the cauliflower by removing the outer leaves and break it into 3-4 cm florets.
- 2. Put them into a medium size pan, add 1 tsp salt , cover with water and simmer for about 12-15 minutes. Strain and leave them in a colander to dry.
- 3. Cut 4 or 5 round slices from the onion, put them aside and chop the rest of the onion. Heat the oil in a pan , add the onion and the rosemary and cook for a few minutes on medium heat, until soft. Once it’s ready, remove it from the heat and allow to cool.
- 4. Break the eggs in a large bowl, add the onion and whisk very well.
- 5. Now add the flour, turmeric, Parmesan cheese, basil and baking powder and whisk them until well blended and smooth.
- 6. Add the cauliflower, salt and pepper and stir very gently, trying to keep most of the florets intact.
- 7. Line the bottom and sides of a 24 cm springform pan with parchment paper and pour in the cauliflower mixture.
- 8. Arrange the onion disks you reserved on the top and bake for 40 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven.
- 9. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving. This recipe will make 6 to 8 servings.
- 10. Enjoy it!