This Shami Kabab recipe i got from my jethanis. It is again very much liked and appreciated by my guests. This Shami Kabab recipe also includes boiled potato, which is quite uncommon in other Shami Kabab recipes. Try it out and update me with your comments. It is very common not only in Pakistan, but also India Uttar Pradesh where it was actually originated as stated by wikipedia and Bangladesh.
Beef Boneless 500 grams
Bengal Gram split (Chana Daal) 1/2 cup (soaked in water for 30 minutes)
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Black Pepper 2 to 3
Ginger Garlic Paste 1 tbsp
Garam Masala 1 tsp
Salt 1 tsp
Red Chilli crushed 1 tbsp
Potato boiled 1
Green Chillies 3
Mint Leaves (podina) 18 to 20
Eggs 2 for coating
Oil for frying
1 Boil potato in a pot and in a separate pot put some oil, cube shaped meat and bengal gram splitted. Let it cook for 10 minutes.
2. Then add cumin seeds, black pepper, ginger garlic paste, salt and red chilli crushed. Stir fry for a while.
3. Now add water, cover the pot and let the meat be cooked.
4. Once the water in the pot fully dries add garam masala and close the flame after mixing it well.
5. In a chopper put boiled potato, mint leaves, green chillies and onion to chopperize.
6. After chopping.
7. Now add meat to the chopped ingredients.
8. Let these be mixed well with the help of chopper.
9. Now form kabab shapes.
10. Dip in egg and fry.
11. Drain the excess oil.
12. Serve it out.