Butter 200 grams
Castor Sugar 1 cup
Maida Flour 2 cups (seived 2 to 3 times)
Baking poweder 2 tsp
Salt a pinch
Vanilla Essence 1 1/2 tsp
Milk as required (approximate 3 to 4 tbsp)
Butter 100 grams
Icing sugar 2 cups
Instant Coffee 1 1/2 tsp
Milk 1 tbsp or water
Coffee Syrup (dilute these ingredients in warm water)
Water 1/2 cup
Coffee 1 tsp
Sugar 1 tbsp
- Beat butter on room temperature with sugar till forms a creamy texture. Next slowly and gradually add some maida+baking powder+salt combination and one egg, once beaten repeat again, some flour mixture and then another egg. Once all these go in include vanilla essense as well. If mixture looks too thick you can add milk to dilute a bit.
- Prepare an 8 inch baking tray by greasing at the bottom and putting butter paper. Pour in the batter formed.
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees centigrade for 8 to 10 minutes, and bake this butter cake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- For icing cream, beat the room temperature butter with machine, slowly add in icing sugar, once all sugar goes in and creamy texture formed, stop beating, fold in the coffee diluted in milk and mix well with the help of spatula. You can increase or decrease coffee as per your requirement.
- Once cake is baked, let it cool. Remove from tray and slit into half from the middle to form two layers. If the upper surface is bumpy remove the bumps to make a flat surface. On the inside portion of the lower part drizzle some coffe syrup to give some moisture and apply the icing cream. Then place the top layer of cake. No need to drizzle the syrup on top, Just apply the cream with the help of palette knife. Apply this cream on the sides as well. Decorate the top with any decoration device you have. Like circling comb etc.
- The bumpy part removed from the top can be utilized by crushing it into crumbles with the help of siever and stuck on the sides of cake. With the remaining icing put it in piping bag and decorate the surface.